Kaiwa & Otalk: An open source love story
Yeti Lance Stout created a prototype application called Otalk.im along these lines a while back (as demonstrated at RealtimeConf 2013 starting around 16:45), and through the beauty of open source software the Digicoop team forked that code as the foundation for Kaiwa.
You might also enjoy reading:
- XMPP is even more wonderful with WebSocket
- Talky doesn’t reinvent the wheel, you won’t believe how!
- Introducing Otalk, an easy and open way to build collaboration apps
- Announcing the RealtimeConf US, RedisConf, and WebRTC Camp call for speakers and some more details!
- XSF elections evidence of web-friendly trend