Silo-Free WebRTC at VUC
One of the most talked about presentations at RealtimeConf 2013 was yeti Lance Stout and Philipp Hancke's demonstration of WebRTC signaling over XMPP, resulting in a federated video call within the browser.
This demo caught the attention of The VoIP Users Conference, or VUC a weekly, live discussion about all the telephony things, which began in 2007. Lance and Philipp will be joining the VUC community on December 27 at noon (Eastern Time) to discuss the potential of WebRTC as an interoperable tool to communicate within established protocols.
Philipp and Lance have been working together for some time on projects (strophe.jingle and Stanza.io, respectively) that push forward the ability of developers to utilize XMPP in tandem with the web, specifically WebRTC.
You might also enjoy reading:
- Announcing the RealtimeConf US, RedisConf, and WebRTC Camp call for speakers and some more details!
- We’re keeping it “Realtime Conference”
- I, for one, do not welcome our new telecom masters—but WebRTC is going to break the whole game open anyway.
- Talky & Otalk on VUC #541
- XSF elections evidence of web-friendly trend